Breakfast, lunch or dinner, frittata is such a versatile dish. Combine eggs and whatever vegetables and/or meat you have in the fridge, even the fussiest eaters will be satisfied. High in protein and packed with fibre and “healthy fats”. Recipe below serves six.
- Oil Spray
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 large eggs
- 100g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 125ml low-fat milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
- Choice of vegetables (Spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, Capsicum)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356 °F).
- Lightly spray an ovenproof fry pan with oil spray.
- Add the onion and garlic to the fry pan and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and your chosen veggies and cook on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Whisk the eggs, ricotta, milk and garlic together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add in any desired herbs.
- Add the veggies and the egg mixture to an oven proof pan and shake the pan gently to distribute the vegetables evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is lightly golden around the edges. Enjoy