San choy bow is a fantastic mid week go to meal that is packed with delicious flavours and ingredients and takes less than half an hour to prepare. San choy bow is perfect for a starter when entertaining or as a light lunch or dinner that everyone will enjoy.
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh finely grated
- 500 g pork, mince lean or vegetarian alternative
- 1 capsicum, red diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 shallot thinly sliced
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 cup bean sprouts rinsed and trimmed
- 12 lettuce, leaves, mixed iceberg or cos
- Sliced chilli for serving
- Crushed peanuts for serving
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat until hot. Add the oil and carefully swirl it around to coat the sides of the wok. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the carrot and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until softened, stirring frequently.
- Add the pork mince and cook for 5-6 minutes or until it changes colour, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon to help break up the mince.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir to combine. Add the spring onions and 2 teaspoons of lime juice and cook for 2 -3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beansprouts and cook for 1 minute, to soften. Season with salt, pepper and additional lime juice, if desired.
- Spoon the pork mixture evenly into the cos lettuce leaves.
- Top with the sliced chilli and crushed peanuts, if desired.