With the colder weather coming pumpkin soup is the perfect dish to whip up. Pumpkin is a great source of dietary fibre and contains multiple vitamins and minerals.
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 onion/s -roughly diced
- 2 clove/s garlic -roughly sliced
- 1 kg pumpkin -peeled and roughly diced into 2-3cm cubes (or a piece of a larger pumpkin)
- 750 ml chicken stock or bone broth (3 cups) or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
In a large pot, over a medium heat add butter or oil then gently sauté the onion and garlic for a minute or two until translucent.
Add the pumpkin and stock, bring to the boil then simmer until the pumpkin starts to fall apart.
Allow to cool a little before processing in a blender or food processor until smooth. Taste and season.