A burrito bowl can really contain anything you like. This recipe is so easy to make and is perfect for lunch or dinner and is a crowd pleaser. Add in your favourite proteins or keep it vegetarian. And if you really want to go that extra step and make these even healthier, you can use quinoa in place of the rice.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g chicken breast/tofu, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Mexican spice
- 400 g corn, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 400 g black beans, drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful fresh coriander (optional)
- Heat saucepan to med-high heat. Add 1-2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Add chicken breast pieces and season with 1 tsp chilli flakes and 1 Tbsp Cajun spice. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In each bowl, arrange half the ingredients including corn, tomato, beans, onion, chicken and avocado, keeping each ingredient separate.
- Garnish with coriander and finish with sriracha or hot sauce of your choosing