A burrito bowl can really contain anything you like. This recipe is so easy to make and is perfect for lunch or dinner and is a crowd pleaser. Add in your favourite proteins or keep it vegetarian. And if you really want to go that extra step and make these even healthier, you can use quinoa in place of the rice. Recipe below serves two.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g chicken breast/tofu, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Mexican spice
- 400 g corn, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 400 g black beans, drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful fresh coriander (optional)
- Heat saucepan to med-high heat. Add extra virgin olive oil.
- Add chicken breast pieces and season with chilli flakes and cajun spice. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In each bowl, arrange half the ingredients including corn, tomato, beans, onion, chicken and avocado, keeping each ingredient separate.
- Garnish with coriander (Optional) and hot sauce of your choosing.